The Corona crisis is keeping the world hostage. But now that our societies have practically come to a standstill, there is also a positive consequence: we have gained the luxury of more time. More time to spend with the family, but also more time to think, reflect and learn. And I have certainly learned and observed several things.
Never Trust the Government & ‘Experts’
I often say the following:
Beware those who desire to lead, govern and rule over you. They are typically the least qualified to do so.
This crisis proves this yet again. And especially within Belgium, where the Peter Principle and the Dunning-Kruger effect reign supreme.
Two of the key players in this theatre of criminal incompetence, arrogance and neglect are Maggie De Block, our – ahem – Minister of Health, and Marc Van Ranst, our ‘head’ virologist, wannabe celebrity and communist sympathizer.
For starters, take a good look at the Worldometer data on the Corona virus outbreak above. Excluding the micro states of San Marino and Andorra, Belgium currently holds 1st place in most deaths per 1 million of its people. Belgium also holds 7th place in the total amount of deaths (only preceded by large countries like the USA, Italy, Spain, France, the UK, and Iran) and 10th place for total confirmed infections.
What happened in Belgium is simply infuriating. Our country was not prepared and a lot of mistakes were made. Allow me to summarize:
- After the H1N1 epidemic in 2009, a strategic stock of 6 million protective FFP2 masks was bought. These were destroyed for very dubious reasons in 2017 and never replaced. Guess who the Minister of Health was during that period? Indeed, Maggie De Block.
- Belgium was too late to apply appropriate counter-measures, despite many warnings – including those from renowned virologist Marc Wathelet – calling for immediate and resolute action since mid January. Maggie De Block and Marc Van Ranst subsequently responded with unbelievable arrogance, ridicule and insults. They called these critics “drama queens” and “infected with the panic virus.” Both of them then also stated that COVID-19 was “not worse than a regular flu.”
- Returning tourists from Italy and other risk areas were never screened or quarantined. Marc Van Ranst deemed it useless. In fact, just two months ago he even advised that going on vacation to Italy was not a problem at all. Our national borders were left open way too long as well. “Closing the borders won’t stop a virus,” they claimed. True, you can’t stop a virus by closing the borders of a country. But you can however stop its carriers at the borders and thus hamper the spread of the virus. It’s basic common sense, but clearly that is too much to ask from our ‘experts.’
- The communication by our Corona-junta and its appointed experts is continuously unclear and contradictory. For example, their opinion on the effectiveness of protective masks seems to change by the day. Why? Because Belgium did not have them in sufficient supply. Their ‘scientific’ explanation was influenced by politics – and they have even admitted it. As a consequence, practically no one takes these fools seriously anymore.
- Thorough testing in combination with good social distancing and protective masks are the key to defeat this virus, as other countries successfully demonstrate. However, our population is hardly tested to detect contamination with the COVID-19 virus. The irony is that there are many labs in Belgium which have the capacity and personnel to assist with testing. But our government and experts also chose to cripple these resources, as only 1 lab was assigned… the one led by Marc Van Ranst.
- The same Marc Van Ranst – with his endless arrogance and narcissism – is more occupied with playing politician and TV celebrity. Yet just like many others, he failed to see and understand what was coming. But instead of showing some humility and admit his mistakes, he believes that only he knows best and will call everyone else idiots for not blindly following his nonsense.
- Their excuse for our high death rate? “Other countries don’t count correctly, but we do. In fact, we count more than we have to, because we also include the suspected deaths from the Corona virus.” No, I am not making this up – it’s the gist of it.
Government officials and other ‘experts’ often abuse the argumentum ab auctoritate – the appeal to authority, a well-known fallacy. Don’t fall for it. In essence, never trust your government or take their word at face value.
Yes, science should set the standard, but that doesn’t mean scientists are always right. On the contrary. Politicians, government officials, and other self-proclaimed experts often fuck up whatever they stick their noses into. Nor do they have your best interest at heart – they’re in it for themselves.
Remember, those who can do, while those who can’t ‘govern.’
Globalist Institutions Are Useless
Another thing is that the Corona crisis proves how dead and utterly useless the European Union truly is.
Early on in the crisis, Italy called for logistic, medical and financial aid from the EU and its member countries to combat the virus. None responded.
In fact, it is even worse! The aftermath of the Corona crisis will result in an economic bloodbath for all the EU member states for years to come. So what did the EU decide to do? Give 450 million euros of our taxpayer’s money to… fucking Morocco as part of a COVID-19 aid package. It’s not like our own countries urgently need that money themselves, right?
What an incredible loss of face for the EU. The forced idea of a ‘unified Europe’ was already dying, but the Corona crisis killed it with a point blank shot in the head.
The World Health Organization (better known as China’s politicized lapdog) is in a similar position, and will also not come out of this crisis unscathed.
Think what you will about President Donald J. Trump, but at least he has the balls to fight back against them.
We urgently need to rid ourselves from these useless and incompetent, but incredibly expensive overlords. It’s time to hold them accountable. And heads will roll, mark my words.
Survival Preppers Don’t Deserve Ridicule But Respect
For a long time, survivalists and preppers were the subject of extreme ridicule. Admit it, you probably thought of them as extremely paranoid rednecks – like many others did.
You were wrong. They were not paranoid; they were prepared.
Preparedness and self-reliance is a sign of intelligence. In essence, the survivalists and preppers separate themselves as independent thinkers from the mindless sheep.
These survivalists adopt a specific mindset, learn a variety of skills that grant them independence, and acquire the necessary supplies not only to survive, but to thrive. Through their self-reliance, they learn how to take care of themselves. And thus they are free.
On the other hand, the mindless sheep expect the government to take care of them. They are perfectly content to have the government control every single aspect of their lives, so they can feel ‘safe.’ They are slaves to the system.
You don’t have to go to the extreme lengths as some of these preppers do, but maybe – just maybe – it is not a bad idea to store some extra supplies (e.g. food, water, medicine, ammo…) in your household once the Corona crisis is over. Start small. It might save your life one day, instead of having to fight over a couple of rolls of toilet paper.
Perhaps it is also worth listening to these survival preppers a bit more. After all, many of them are cleverer than you think and saw what was coming well in advance – contrary to many of the so-called experts.
Disgusted and angered by their government’s failures and inaction, I expect more people to look into self-reliance and survival prepping once the COVID-19 outbreak has passed.
It is an initiative that I can only encourage.
I Still Lack Discipline; Do You?
A couple of days ago I encountered this message from the Millionaire Mentor in someone’s Twitter feed.
And it hit home. Hard.
The Corona crisis confined me to working at home as much as I can. And in my current line of work, that means the amount of work I can do is rather limited. In other words, I have more free time available – especially when I also include the hours I have not wasted on my daily commute.
But what have I been spending my free time on? Video games, Netflix, and mindlessly browsing YouTube and the rest of the internet. What a waste… The only productive thing I have been doing is decluttering more, cleaning up our home, and playing (i.e. bonding) with my daughter.
So it’s clear that my level of discipline and determination is far from where it needs to be. I have not advanced in my goals, and have almost forgotten the reason why. And so I was led astray from the path.
Instead, I should be developing this website further, read and work out more, and finally start that damn Udemy course on Python programming.
Let this post function as another stern reminder to get myself back on track!
In any case, stay safe. But above all, stay vigilant and critical about what the government is doing and telling you. And don’t waste your extra free time.