Last year I was browsing Bold & Determined when I noticed Victor Pride (alter ego of Nick Kelly) promoting BADNET, his free service package to set up a working blog. I’ve been reading Victor’s work for a while now, and one of his core messages is that you have to invest in You, Inc. as well as own your own name. The man made a point.
I realized I had no platform where I could write down my views and share them with the world. This needed to change. However, Facebook sucks and my Twitter was also not suitable, especially since Twitter has gone full left-wing Social Justice Warrior by censoring and banning politically incorrect, conservative & libertarian accounts. It was high time to take action and claim my own space on the internet.
I knew nothing about website hosting and installation, so the BADNET deal looked very interesting and almost too good to be true. But I decided to take the leap of faith and registered. I have not regretted it since.
So what better way to show my gratitude than by writing my first article on my experience with BADNET?
BADNET allows you to register a domain name and purchase web hosting for your blog. I know, nothing out of the ordinary with that. But the real added value is that you’ll also receive several nice benefits, including 4 informative ebooks.
The following was included in the package deal:
- A free domain. Yup, your domain name will be free for the first year.
- Great hosting deal. Victor’s team continuously looks for the best deals available for your website hosting. The advertised price is for the most basic package, but adding additional security features and options will increase the cost-although it still remains within reasonable levels. You can fully select your perfect hosting package based on your available budget and wishes.
- Full installation. You don’t have to worry about technical details and installation at all. Just register via the provided link, select your hosting package, choose your domain name, and pay. Once complete, send your registration details to Victor’s admin, who will then handle the rest. His crew will install WordPress on your website, which is the most popular blogging platform.
- Plugins. The BADNET crew will also install and configure 7 extra plugins, helping you with website optimization, overall security, spam prevention, SEO and more.
- Four ebooks. You’ll also receive 4 ebooks, wherein Victor offers excellent advice and several tips on how to take your blog to the next level.
- Quick Start Guide: Creating Your First Blog Post.
- How To Create the Perfect Blog Post.
- Blogging for Profit 101.
- The Tools of the Trade For a Pro Blogging Career.
Once complete, you can just login, download and install a nice looking theme, and create your content. I recommend to use the Genesis framework and use a compatible theme. Super easy. No hassle or strings attached. And the best part of it all: all those extra benefits are completely free! What’s not to love about that?
Just a remark: at the time of my registration, BADNET worked together with Web Hosting Hub. Their staff was fast, helpful and friendly in replying to my account questions. I also appreciated the tutorials and tips in their Help Center. Nowadays, hosting packages are offered via BlueHost, so I can’t provide any comments on their service. BlueHost seems a bit more known and also offers a slightly cheaper basic hosting package. Both have good customer reviews, although I noticed that most clients were very pleased with Web Hosting Hub‘s customer support.
I consider my BADNET experience as top grade: fast, quality service and everything was delivered as advertised. Within 24 hours, my basic blog was set up and ready to go. I would definitely recommend this service package to other people, and I have already done so.
If you are looking to get a blog or other type of website, BADNET is the way to go. You have to pay for a domain and web hosting anyway, so why not get a discount, free benefits and solid advice in the process? What are you waiting for? Claim your own internet domain and get your voice out there!
Want to know more about my experience with this service? Then leave a comment below or contact me directly. I’ll answer any questions you still have.